Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thrifty Thursday

Thrifty Ideas For The Kiddos

Running an in-home daycare, I have learned quickly how to save some money when it comes to the kiddos play toys. I have found that children love to play with the simplest of things. I save toilet paper and paper towel rolls and they love to use them as swords, eye glasses, microphones, etc. Empty plastic containers make the best drums, shakers and toddlers LOVE to put smaller toys inside. Newspaper makes a good drop cloth for finger painting, coloring or playing with modeling dough. And, when I am in the kitchen, a few plastic bowls and some wooden spoons become a drum set! So, look around your home in a different light, think what a child would do with an object. If it is safe, some or the oddest items give hours of fun!

For more thrifty ideas, please check out The Coupon Teacher.

1 comment:

  1. I know, I always shake my head at all the toys my nephews have. They love to play hide and seek and lots of other free things!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0