Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sharing A Recipe

This past Sunday the Hubbeast and I took a trip to our local thrift store. I was looking for a container that I could keep my Artisan bread dough in and some scrubs to wear during the day (I am always getting spit-up on or worse). Well, I didn't find a suitable container for the bread dough but I found the scrubs. I also looked over the book section and treated myself to a cookbook for 50 cents (you can't beat that).

The cookbook is the Congressional Cook Book and it isn't dated but, I am assuming that it was published when Reagan was in office by some of the titles. After we returned home, I was looking through the book and found a recipe for Pound Cake. I had all of the ingredients so I gave it a try. The Hubbeast liked it so much that he took half of it to work with him the next day! I thought that I would share the recipe with all of you!

Hattie's Pound Cake

* 2 sticks unsalted butter
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3 cups sugar
* 5 eggs
* 3 cups cake flour
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tsp. lemon extract
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract

Blend butter, shortening and sugar together. In another bowl, blend eggs, flour and milk together. Mix with butter mixture and add extracts. Pour into bunt pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0