Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday, Eat From The Pantry Challenge



Last week's Menu plan went really well. NO eating-out at all! I am finding that planning my menu helps my day go so much better. No wondering "what am I going to make tonight?" and everyone knows what to expect!

Last week's big hit meal was the Lasagna! We usually don't care for lasagna much but, the Hubbeast suggested using sweet Italian sausage instead of the usual ground beef (he had it made like this at a local Italian restaurant last year). He ate 3 servings, and Kirstey ate two! There were no left overs to put in the freezer and that is saying something about lasagna in our house! We will see if one of this coming week's meals has the same success!

Speaking of this week's menu, here it is:

*Monday:
   BBQ Chicken
  Twice baked potatoes (from freezer)
  Salad

*Tuesday:
   Hawaiian Pork Loin
   Rice
   Corn

*Wednesday:
   Soup
   Grilled Cheese

*Thursday:
   Rotisserie Chicken
   Pasta Salad
   Fruit

*Friday:
   Sausage & Peppers Subs

*Saturday:
   Left-Over Buffet

*Sunday:
   Sweet & Sour Chicken
   Rice
   Broccoli

Don't forget to check out the Organizing Junkie for tons more Menu ideas!



I did really well on the Eat From The Pantry Challenge, but my pantry still looks full! I did buy some meats, milk & bread this week . Spent a total of $45 which is less than half of my minimum budget! The Hubbeast is very impressed with the savings and actually said that we are eating better lately- LOL! It has given me a new way to look at what I have! Thanks to MoneySavingMom & LifeAsMom for hosting this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0