Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tip Day Thursday

Since I have had a hectic week, here are some more tips for the slow-cooker that I have personally used and found effective..

1. If you have a white ceramic crock and it gets stained, add hot water with 1/4 cup bleach and let it sit overnight, when you wake up in the morning, rinse well and your crock will look brand new!

2. Also, if you have a lingering smell in the crock you can use either some vinegar added to hot water or use a couple of tablespoons of baking soda to the crock, put on the lid, and rinse in the morning. The smell should be gone!

Of course, don't add anything else if you use the bleach solution! Hope these help!

And, I'm happy to say that my Father is home and doing good. When I talked to him today he sounded so much better! The sitting & being still is driving him crazy and he is antsy to get back to work at the daycare but, they will not release him for 6 weeks. So his wife is bringing up his sewing machine (yes, he sews & quilts) and he is going to make new sheets for the daycare cots & cribs.  Anything to occupy his mind & hands he said! LOL- that's my Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0