Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Will Be From My Stockpile!

After last week's happenings, I realized that this week's grocery funds went to cover the emergency room fees. So, I got to thinking of how I was going to feed us for the week, let alone on Thanksgiving. Then, last night a friend called and asked if I wanted her extra turkey. She has a 16 lber that she will not be able to use. She will be bringing it Tuesday so I can have it thawed by Thursday.

Then, I started thinking about the side dishes that we usually have. Every year it is the same. Mashed potatoes, dressing, green beans, gravy, cranberry sauce, biscuits, and pumpkin pie with whipped cream. I check my pantry and realized that I have everything but the cranberry sauce, whipped cream and pie crust. I can make the pie crust with ingredients that I always keep on hand instead of buying a pre-made one. The cranberry sauce, whipped cream and buttermilk I need for the biscuits are all on sale right now.

I am SO glad that I have been stocking up on sale items over the last few weeks! My stockpile isn't the biggest but I will be able to have our traditional Thanksgiving meal and only have to buy meats and a few other items for the rest of the week. This will be two weeks in a row where the stockpile has been a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0