Saturday, November 7, 2009

Slow-Cooker Saturday

Today I am using my slow-cooker to cook a 5 lb. chuck roast. Now, I didn't really have a recipe, just threw in what I thought would work together. We will see how it goes.

Impromptu Roast Beef
*5 lb. chuck roast
* 2 tsp. garlic powder
* 2 tsp. ground black pepper
* 1 can  condensed french onion soup
* 1 soup can on water
* 1/4 cup Moore's Original Beef Marinade

Rub the beef roast with 1 tsp each of garlic powder & pepper on both sides.
Add the Moore's Marinade, soup & water & turn over to cover the other side.
Cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high (which is what I am using) for 6 to 8.

I'll let you know how it turns out later after we try it. Wish me luck!

UPDATE:  The roast was a BIG hit! The Hubbeast LOVED the flavor and said that it was even "beefier" than usual-LOL. Must have been the marinade. Now to see how I can change it up some (I usually never make a recipe exactly the same twice- I have to add/change something). Maybe some mushrooms, potatoes, or maybe I'll try adding a little coffee to the sauce (I know it sounds crazy BUT, it really is yummy with beef). We will have to see next time I make it ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0