Sunday, November 15, 2009

Please Keep Us In Your Prayers!

Well, we have had a heck of a week here. Thursday afternoon my youngest daughter Summer came home from school complaining of the right side of her mouth and right arm being numb. I thought it was just a side effect of her migraines (she has had them since the age of 4). But, as I watched her, she started slurring her words and losing use of her right arm. I called the Hubbeast to rush home & I called her neurologist. The Hubbeast rushed her to the closest urgent care clinic while I waited for the doctor to return my call.

Her neurologist said that it did sound like an atypical migraine and told me to give her 2 Aleve and 1 benydryl.
She got home & everything seemed fine until I heard what sounded like a bowling ball being dropped in her room. I got her door unlocked to find her having a seizure. Needless to say things got crazy. I literally thought I was watching her die. Things are a blur after that. I'm not sure how long I was there talking to her before the rescue squad arrived, I lost all track of time. She came around & actually walked to the stretcher.I rode with her in the ambulance while my oldest daughter drove the Hubbeast to the hospital.

We were at the hospital only a minute or two when a nurse came running back telling me that they had the Hubbeast in front. So, I ran to the front to find my oldest daughter Kirstey in tears. The Hubbeast was in a wheel chair,  hooked up to monitors and fighting the security guards to get out of the chair. He couldn't speak clearly and his hands were cramped up. I thought he was having a heart attack or a stroke. I sent Kirstey to be with Summer and tried to listen to everything the nurse was saying. Well, when I realized that he was hyperventilating & having a panic attack I tried to calm him down but it wasn't working. Finally, I just got in his face and started yelling at him to calm down. He seemed to respond to that & started calming down some. LOL. The security guard saw that I could handle him & left the room.

I got the Hubbeast into a room even though he wasn't cooperating and went back to check on Summer & Kirstey. Summer was still doing well, talking on her cell phone & texting. Kirstey was still shook up and I found out that the Hubbeast had been trying to jump out of the car while she was racing to the hospital! She managed to drive 60 miles and hour, be on the phone to the Hubbeast's boss getting directions, and keep her Father from jumping out of the car! She deserved to be upset!

It took about 5 hours for the Hubbeast to come out of whatever was going on and I had to get in his face again when they needed to give him a shot (he is TERRIFIED of needles) I told him that if he didn't take the shot I would not let him in the room with Summer and I would have the security hold him down if need be. You should have seen his face- if looks could kill I would have been dead on the spot! LOL, but he took the shot!  Summer was getting checked & CAT scanned, etc. So, I was back and forth between room 6 and room 29 LOL. They found a spot on the right-front temporal lobe on Summer's brain but wasn't sure what it was. Her neurologist thought it was safe to send her home, however. We left about 2 am Friday morning. I sat up all night next to her bed, watching her sleep terrified that she would seize again.

Friday her neurologist sent her to the emergency room at Duke hospital. The nurses, doctors & surgical team were already notified that she was coming. And, after another CAT scan and MRI, they couldn't find anything abnormal! Not even the spot they has seen the night before! Which was terrific news! But, since we didn't find any clue to why she had a seizure I am still worried that it will happen again. I slept in her floor that night and every time she moved I woke up.

Last night, I slept on the couch with the baby monitor hooked up so I could hear. I am doing the same tonight. She thinks that I am being too protective and I think it is getting on her nerves but, I told her that I am just being a Mom and she could get over it LOL I will worry until we find the cause of her seizure.

The Hubbeast is doing well as long as her doesn't talk about what happened. Every time her does, he starts slurring his speech again and has a hard time getting the words out. I am not sure whats going on with that. I think that he just cannot handle the idea of what happened. He has an appointment Monday also.

I'm beat but I can't sleep. I thought about taking one of my sleeping pills but, then if something happens I won't be functioning 100%. I really need a BIG glass of wine (or three) but again, I have to stay level headed right now.

So, if you have a moment, please say a prayer that we will find the reason this happened to my little girl..

Thanks to everyone!
Lora

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0