Monday, November 9, 2009

November's Grocery Budget

Well, the Hubbeast and I have set down and talked about what we can afford for groceries. With an extra $125.00  being taken out of the Hubbeast's check every week for the next 6 months, we have to be careful. I have applied for a few jobs for nights & weekends but so far, nothing. It really isn't surprising since I haven't held an "outside of the house" job for the past 18 years. Hopefully something will come soon. I want to work at night and/or on the weekends so I can still be home with the daycare kids during the day and my teenagers in the evening.

So, we budgeted $100.00 a week for groceries. Hopefully I will make enough in daycare pay to cover that. The Hubbeast has been volunteering to take call on weekends to earn some extra. So far, he has been able to compensate for the deducted amount but, the overtime isn't guaranteed this time of year. (He works in the commercial  HV/AC & Refrigeration industry).

This situation is really a blessing in disguise. We have been living "high - on - the - hog" for quite some time. If I wanted to spend $250 a week on groceries, it wasn't a problem. If we wanted new clothes- we just went & bough them. The girls asked for money and it was given. Now, we are all having to learn to budget & save. Which is something that we should have been doing all along, and we definitely should have been teaching our children instead of spoiling them rotten! And, if we still follow what we learn through this AFTER the deductions stop, we should be able to have a killer savings account in no time!

I Guess it's time to learn a lesson- LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0