Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday





This is my first entry with Works for me Wednesday hosted here at We Are That Family, I hope I do it right!

What should I write this first one about? I think, teaching my children to cook. All 4 of my children are excellent cooks due to time we have spent together in the kitchen over the years. And, not only has that given me the peace of mind knowing that as they go out on their own, they can feed themselves without relying on convenience, but it has also allowed me a way to get close to my children without seeming "nosy". There is something about cooking together that naturally leads to conversation. If you only knew how many times I have heard "Mom, guess what happened today", as we were in front of the stove. It just seems easier for the kids to open up. Plus, now that they are older- they take over Dinner some nights and I get a night off ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Hi just coming through from we are that family's blog! I love that you teach your kids to cook. we weren't allowed in the kitchen to help my mom..so I've learned after I left home..I'm now teaching my kids to cook at home also:) love your blog:)

    maopa
    http://lusciousdeals.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great that you cook together! I'm sure you're much closer because of it and what great memories that must/will be for your kids. Stopping over from WFMW. Have a good weekend!

    pk @ Room Remix

    ReplyDelete
  3. To create a link type the name of the blog then highlight it and then click the globe thing with glasses on the tool bar. A pop up will come and then you copy and paste the URL of the site. My friend had to teach me.

    I love this tip-such a simple and beneficial way to get in those extra moments with our quickly growing young un's.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog last week!

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0