Thursday, October 29, 2009

Tip Day Thursday

Well, I thought Thursdays would be a great day for tips!

 I use my slow cooker several times a week, and I forget to buy the liners (or they leak) and wind up with a BIG STICKY MESS to clean. Well, after trying almost everything I found something that works terrifically (I cannot take credit for this, but for the life of me, I can not remember where I learned this)! After your crock cools, fill it with hot water & add 1 tablespoon of either fabric softener or conditioner (yes, you read that correctly). Let it sit for a hour and clean as usual. You will be AMAZED at how easy it will be to get those messes off!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds brilliant! I may try it tonight since dinner's already in the cooker.

    Thanks for taking this layout. I love it and was so thankful that the digiscrap designer, Lisa, let me use her kit to make it. If you want your title to show up better you can change it to white or something by going to Layout > Fonts & Colors > blog title.

    Thanks for using it. I'm so pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn-Thanks for the advice about the header (and for the layout) I just LUV it!

    Let me know how the fabric softener/conditioner works for ya! And thank you for stopping by my blog ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Swidget 1.0