Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shopping Sunday, Cooking & Crafting

Well, the shopping went well this week. We didn't need much at all and managed to spend only $42.00 for the week! One of the best deals we found was: Hot dogs on sale for 69 cents a pack, I had a $1.00 off 2 coupon and spent 19 cents a package! We already had buns, chili & fries here so guess what we are having this week!

I woke up today at 7 am and made more bread and some cinnamon rolls. They were both a hit and I managed to put 8 cinnamon rolls in the freezer (individually wrapped) for later on in the week. I also made a large batch of pancakes yesterday and froze a dozen (2 to a package) for this week. And now, I have some Tropical Kielbasa in the crock pot that I am going to serve with rice for dinner tonight.



I finally got all of my yarn stash in my bedroom sorted today. It took me a couple of hours and an extra large vacuum bags . I didn't realize how much yarn I had until today! I have the whole back wall in my closet lined with cedar cubes and it is full, the top is covered with cones of various yarns, the top rack above my clothes is also covered with various cones, I have 3 LARGE rubbermaid containers (I think the larges that you can buy), plus 2 smaller ones. And now I have an extra-large vacuum bag, a medium vacuum bag and a smaller vacuum bag stuffed! Not including a box of cones of cotton and a small basket of sock yarns. That reminds me, I need more sock yarn LOL.

I did, however, find all my lost needles and hooks! Now I have to organize all of my patterns & books. That will be tackled next weekend! I'm sitting down to start some socks for the winter ;o)

That was my weekend, how was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0