Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday Shopping & Cooking

The Hubbeast and I do our weekly shopping on Sundays. It has always been this way mainly due to his work schedule and the fact that it isn't as busy.

I did spend quite a bit this week though, more than I had planned- $199.00 to be exact but, before you scold me- there were some killer buys and I stocked up on a lot! Here are just a few of the deals I found this week:

* 3 1lb packages of 93/7 ground beef for $2.00 a pound (reduced bin to sale today) that found a home in my freezer.
* 4 meals worth of chicken for $1.15 a meal! (6 thighs per meal).
* 3 meals worth of pork for $6.00 (Boston Butts were on sale for 87 cents a pound) I had the butcher cut it into steaks an inch thick. 2 pork steaks will feed the 4 of us.
* 2 cans of cram of chicken soup & 2 cans of cream of muchroom soup for 50 cents a can!
* 4 cans of chicken noodle & tomato soups for 75 cents a can (I stocked up with 4 of each)
* 3 boxes of stuffing for 75 cents a box (preparing for the Holiday cooking).
* 2 cans of evaporated milk for 20 cents a can

There was a LOT more. But 'm not going to list everything.

I did a lot of cooking this weekend. I cooked a whole chicken Friday in the crock pot and used the carcass to make broth yesterday so, I now have 12 cups of delicious chicken broth in the freezer ready to use at any time!

I also made 3 loaves of bread today. 1 for now and 2 in the freezer. We will see if they last the week. I don't know what it is but anytime I make bread instead of buying it, it seems to get eaten quick. Normally a loaf of store-bought bread will last a week or more here but, a loaf of homemade usually doesn't make it two full days! The Hubbeast also asked me to make some pretzels, we will see if I can find the time .

Well, that has been my weekend, how was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0