Friday, July 10, 2009

Starting Today

Well, today is the launch of my blogging life! Nice to meet everyone! I guess I should introduce myself first.

My name is Lora, I am a 38 yr old SAHM of 4 (2 adult sons: Michael 23 and Robert 20), 2 teen daughters (Kirstey 17 and Summer 15). Married to the Hubbeast (Jeff) for 15 years. We live in NC and LOVE it.

Besides being a SAHM I also provide daycare in my home for several children. Right now I have Destiny who is 10, Landon who is 4 and Luke who is 7 months. In a few weeks I will also have 12 week old triplets Ashton, Bryce & Chase 2 days a week. I also enjoy reading, cooking, knitting & crocheting!

I am trying to learn frugal living. I have been spoiled by the Hubbeast and never given a budget so this will all be new to me. The first thing I have started doing is shopping sales & using coupons when we buy groceries and I have averaged saving $75 a week for the past month! I have also started stocking the basics and trying to keep the stock up for times when we may not have the funds available for a usual grocery trip. Also, I am saving up for a freezer to take advantage of even more savings.

Anyone have any good tips on frugal living that you would be willing to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0