Sorry I haven't been posting, I got hit with a nasty cold this week. Still feeling a little weak but much better. And, since today is "Slow-Cooker Saturday" here is another recipe:
Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
Tender, fall-off-the-bone chicken! Skip the overnight refrigeration if you are in a hurry. For variety, eliminate the onion and substitute a quartered lemon or two, stuffed into the chicken cavity.
SERVES 4 (change servings and units)
* 4 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons paprika
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1 teaspoon onion powder
* 1 teaspoon thyme
* 1 teaspoon white pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
* 1 large roasting chicken (with pop-up timer if possible)
* 1 cup onion, chopped (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine the spices.
2. Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken.
3. Rub spice mixture onto the chicken.
4. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight. (I usually skip this step because I'm always in a hurry).
5. When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot.
6. Add chicken. No liquid is needed, the chicken will make it's own juices.
7. Cook on low 4-8 hours.
Now off to plan Kirstey's Birthday party which is at noon tomorrow! Thinking of doing finger food (since the Hubbeast caught the grill on fire- FUNNY story I'll tell another time). Thinking pinwheels, slow-cooker buffalo chicken dip with corn chips, my bacon crescent rolls, some stuffed mushrooms and possibly some meatballs or cocktail weenies. She has chosen an ice-cream cake this year ;o)