Monday, July 13, 2009

My- Day Monday

Well, today is My-Day Monday, the one day a week I take for myself. It started with me being woke up by Kyrah barking (my German Shepherd) because of a thunder storm (she is terrified of thunder). Now, I am so NOT a morning person so I was quite the Bitch for a while. I put some laundry on, made my breakfast and woke up fully.

After the daily chores, I got on-line to find my next project. I had it narrowed down to two patterns. Either "Hey, Teach" or "Candlelight Kimono" . I chose "Hey Teach" since I am loosing weight and not sure if I will be able to wear the smallest size of the "Candlelight Kimono". So, I got out my size 8 needles, my off-white Red Heart yarn and cast on. I got quite a bit done while watching the movies "The Skeleton Key" and "The Bone Collector"! And I even got to do my hair & make up today!


Today is also a bittersweet day for me. It is my daughter Kirstey's 17th birthday and the 16th anniversary of delivering my son Phillip stillborn (yes, he was born on her first birthday). I try really hard to make the day good for her but she always says "I wish I could really be sharing my birthday Mom". She remembers too. We always let the kids choose their birthday dinner so, she wanted Applebee's. We also gave her a $50 gift card to Barnes and Noble (she is addicted to books...especially anything about vampires)LOL. She is now spending the night with her best friend.

We are throwing her party this coming Sunday so I have a lot of planning to do. I am not sure of what I am going to serve. I was thinking of stuffed burgers but it would be WAY to expensive for so many people. I guess I will wait until the weekly sales fliers come out on Wednesday and go from there. Also, everyone is asking for my to make one of my cheesecakes but, we are going to have birthday cake so... maybe not.

So, that was my Me Day... now off to watch Harper's Island (on DVR) and knit some before bed. Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Swidget 1.0